Saturday, February 4, 2012

Photos!

So here are a select few photos from the past few weeks!

Emily, my roommate during Staging in Miami, and I at the airport headed to Panama! 

First sighting of a ship going through the canal. As I type, I'm watching a cruise ship go through. Jealousy.

 Playing in a river during a visit to a PCV's site.

Our villa during Orientation. Can you spot my bags?


Our first real view of the canal as well! We're actually in Panama!

My walk home every day. 

The school where we have tech classes. This is what all of the Panamanian schools that I've encountered look like - white and blue cement with open-air windows.

 Jose, our tech trainer (most days) and our classroom! Note the Panamanian flag :)

 Views from my house! this is looking out from the front porch.

My favorite place in the house. My hammock. Actually this isn't my favorite one, but it's the photo I took on the first day. 

My yard! And chickens. awesome. This is a typical house for some of the indignous peoples as well.

My house!! The main room/corner closest to me in this photo is the den/living room with a couch, couple of chairs and a tv. The windows on the left are the kitchen, and my room is on the back right in this shot. 

The 4-month-old puppy at my house! His name is Toby :)

Photos from the fair in La Chorrera - these are some kids from a local community doing traditional dances. It was really fun to watch. 

Some of their outfits were really elaborate as well, like these two girls' hair. They had make-up on as well. I seriously wanted one of these skirts too. 

Day in Panama City. This is the coolest building I think I've ever seen. Don't ask me what is in the building though. I have no clue.

Ships waiting to go through the canal. They're super far away.

Vising a volunteer, Jessica, in the province of Coclé! This is the river where we went swimming Sunday afternoon. It was gorgeous.

The gorgeous swimming hole where we spent the afternoon. Hi Jessica!


Can you spot the jumping child??



Views walking to the river. Gorgeous. THIS is Panama.

We also went to another fair (this is the season for them apparently - aka the dry season) and I loved this stand! So Panamanian with the typical hats and stacks of plantains. I'm drinking coconut milk straight from a coconut!

Pollitos at my house! We have around 15 of them from 2 different... litters? batches? sets? whatever the correct word is...

Skyline of Panama City!

So some of these weren't in order... but I hope you enjoyed them none-the-less!

4 comments:

  1. Savannah!!! I LOVE the photo of the two little girls in their costumes! So beautiful!! I hope you're having a good time and I can't wait to read more! <3 Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh savannah! it's beautiful! ...you start teaching soon don't you? v. exciting. Especially liked the hammock shot but then I'm a sucker for hammocks ;) (Panama City is much bigger than I imagined! It puts Nashville to shame!)

    miss you as always,

    Tessa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks oh-so-much for posting all of the photos!!! I'm so excited for you! Hey- do you know if I could perhaps see you when I go to Costa Rica in the summer? biiig hug!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Savannah, it took me until march to go on your blog! It looks absolutely wonderful. The two little girls were beautiful :-) Take Care, Margaret (Presby Foundation)

    ReplyDelete