Wednesday, July 18, 2012

My House!

Finally, here’s the update about my new house! It’s really more like an apartment, but it’s been wonderful having my own place and being able to cook and everything. Here are some photos:

My front porch:
 
My living room (I’m hoping to get a table muy pronto):


My bedroom:




Hallway:


 
My kitchen:



My bathroom:



The three things that have been the besr about living alone have been being able to eat what I want, when I want, being able to unpack my things (I’ve been living out of my bags for 6 months now… it gets old fast), and getting to decorate! I finally put up photos last weekend, which made me so happy, and made it feel like my place. 

Since my last post I have finished up working in the primary school, which included two days of celebration for the kind and queen of pre-school and kindergarten (it was incredible how big of a deal this was.... I was blown away) as well as a field day for the Día del Niño (Day of the Child). 

Here are some photos of the celebrations recently:

Me dressed up as a typical person from Los Santos (province)

 Me with the Reyna of Pre-school

 the Reyna and Rey on their float (back of a pick-up)

 me with a couple of my 3rd grade students (I think) on the Día del Niño

Then on  Saturday my parents got to town! It's been a great vacation so far and we have a few more days to go. I'll update with some great photos over the course of the next couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment