Thursday, September 15, 2011

NEWSNEWSNEWS

FINALLY GOT MY PEACE CORPS INVITATION!!!

To Panama! Leaving in January. (what?!?) haha it's definitely surreal, but also really exciting! I'll be co-teaching with a local teacher and staying with a host family both during training and the first three months of my placement.

Took a lot of patience to get this far... I'm sure I'll need even more over the next couple of years! But I'm so excited to see what this adventure holds...

As for the next few months at home, I'm going to try to teach as much as I can, but hopefully also find some sort of job to make some money before I go. Additionally, I'm thinking about maybe grad school after PC, so looking into that... do I need to take the GRE/GMAT?? Gotta figure all that out... Then hopefully brushing up on my Spanish too! So I'm not a total dunce when I get there.

SO! For today... here are a few related links:

Awesome article on a woman who is doing something similar to what I'll be doing over the next couple of years: CNN Article and the website to her organization

Also - Lonely Planet's guide to Panama!

1 comment: