Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Panama Connections

So yesterday, I got REALLY excited about going to Panama.... I met a teacher who lives near Panama City!!

I was working at International House where I've been helping teach some adult English classes, and stayed afterwards to listen to a group of English teachers from Central and South America (all different countries) ask questions to International House staff, teachers, and some of our students. It was really interesting, and one of the women even said she was from Panama! So I decided to talk to her after the group discussion. I ended up speaking for a minute about my role as an assistant teacher, and my co-teacher mentioned I was going to the Peace Corps and after a little more explanation, I found out that the Panamanian teacher is actually working with a current PCV and has requested 2 to come in March, which is when my group will probably be sent to our sites. Crazy! I could be working with her! But certainly someone from my group will be... Such a small world!

But it was wonderful to talk to her and have a connection in Panama! She was so nice and made me feel like I was going to be welcomed and offered me some help and to visit if I wanted once I get to Panama. It was so nice to know I have a connection down there, and to be able to put a face with a community partner that I could be working with.

My friend Christine, had a great insight: This is God's way of saying that this is the right decision. I hope so! Because it made me so excited :)

No comments:

Post a Comment