Monday, November 28, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hope everyone had a good and relaxing Thanksgiving! While mine was not so relaxing, was wonderful because I got to go to my oldest friend’s wedding. Known her since pre-school, and she was a beautiful bride! I was crying half the night haha but I am incredibly happy for her.  Then on the weekend I got to hang out with my wonderful friends from home. Almost all of us were home!

Let's see if I can figure out how to put in a picture....

                                              The Bride and me! Congrats Kaitlyn :)


                    A bit shambly at the end of the night. But loved being out with great friends!

Now it’s back to work, studying, and packing for Panama. And let me say, thinking about packing is kind of overwhelming! But what’s making it a little easier are the connections I’ve been making, namely with the other members of my group! It has made me super excited to meet them all and start our adventure! Facebook has been a wonderful resource, connecting all of us heading down in January as well as with the Volunteers that are already there who can give us the real scoop on what we should bring.

As of now, my debates are whether or not I should get a hiking backpack (I think yes, my parents are still on the fence), chacos (vs. the tevas I already have), whether or not I should get a new laptop (mine is about to die), what e-reader to get (kindle vs. nook) and what kinds of clothing I should bring (cotton vs. synthetic). I think I’m gradually gathering answers to these questions… slowly but surely. The trick is just finding the time to shop for it all… between studying for the GMAT and GRE, Christmas shopping and working… Just under 3 weeks till GMAT is off of my plate! Yikes!

Back to the books for me tonight…

Kindle vs. Nook: Opinions?

1 comment:

  1. here are your answers:
    1) backpack. YES. i got 50lb and it was perfect. and i used it so.much. the men at REI were very helpful.
    2) YES to the chacos. tevas are fine, but chacos are so worth it. and the chaco tan is great on your feet.
    3) yes to new laptop, probably. a laptop while abroad is invaluable. i don't know what i would have done if mine died when i was in namibia. i bought a new one right before leaving and went for a macbook pro after a long debate.
    4) love my kindle!! but i didn't ever check out the nook.
    5) all your clothing will fall apart eventually if you have to handwash. and you can probably buy clothing where you are, too.

    yay packing!

    ReplyDelete