Friday, December 9, 2011

Details, Friends, and BusyBusyBusy

So the days are quickly flying by now.... tomorrow marks one month until I get on a plane to head to Miami, then one day later to Panama. I am getting so excited. But simultaneously trying to hold on to things here, like I always do. But I've been too caught up in everything going on day-to-day that I haven't had much time to sit and mull things over. But let's start with first things first.

Details.

I have gotten several emails from different parts of PC recently with more details and forms to fill out (surprise surprise). But these are better kinds of forms - they're much more real and I can see how they are going to directly translate into my experience in Panama. They've included language assessments, host family questions, KSAs (Knowledge, Skills, and Attitudes - who knew something I learned in my core HOD classes would pop up here...), and our first PCT (PC Trainee) interview. That email was quickly followed by another email from the media relations people asking for me to give the ok to use my name in press releases.

Lastly, and most recently, I got the Staging email! With this came the hotel where I will be staying in Miami, directions on how to book my flight, specifics on luggage requirements, and other miscellaneous reporting instructions. This is starting to feel all too real, which brings on a flood of emotions.

Second topic: Friends.

Two WONDERFUL friends came to visit me last weekend. My big and my little in my sorority drove 14 hours (roundtrip) to see me for 20. Don't I have great friends? It made me so happy and feel so loved. They are amazing people and I am so glad I got to show them my hometown!

Third topic: BusyBusyBusy

Typical. Still working full-time, and this week was crazy busy and a bit stressful. But next Friday (a week from today) is my last day. It has been a wonderful job - I enjoy the people I work with, appreciate the cause, and have learned a ton - I will be sad to go, but I will certainly enjoy the extra time after I'm not working 40 hours a week. Though I think my relaxing time will be short-lived. The day after I stop working, I take the GMAT - so this week will be full to the max with studying for that. Then that afternoon two of my other best friends from college - my roommate of 4 years and our other roommate from senior year - are coming to visit for 5 days! I have been counting down the days to see them, and I cannot wait to laugh and be silly and just chill with them. But then it's basically Christmas, with people to see and things to do (oh yea.... and I have to find a time to get gifts somewhere in there...). Then AH it's almost January! Yikes!

So I've seriously starting thinking about packing - thanks to everyone who has given me input - shout-out to Karen here for all of your comments on my last post :) Still haven't made some of my decisions, but I'm getting closer. I'm 99% sure I'm getting a hiking backpack - I just haven't decided what size and which one. The teva/chaco jury is still out, as is the nook/kindle (though I will DEFINITELY be taking one of these).

Just trying to keep my feet under me. Though that seems to be the norm in my life. If that's not the case, I tend to get bored. What do I do to myself?

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. I get one more fun frisbee tourney in - Holiday Hat Tournament :) Should be fun. Plus decorating the house with the parents. Always a good/holiday cheer-y time of year.

I leave you with two things today:
Photos worth the time. 

and

Soldiers and Mariah. - Kinda gets you in the happy, holiday mood!

No comments:

Post a Comment