Sunday, January 22, 2012

Finally time for some internet!

So we finally have a little bit of free time today! We are all in Panama City on a scavenger hunt, basically. We had three places to find this morning, which took about 2 hours round trip, now we´ve just been playing around in the city. We got to go to Casco Viejo - if you google it you will probably find out more about it that I know, but it was a really beautiful old part of the city right along the water. Very European feeling. Now we´re at the mall, have been shopping some and walked into a Digicel store to buy some more phone minutes and found free computers with internet! Woohoo. Best part of the day haha.

Yesterday was awesome too. There was a fair in La Chorrera, the town pretty close to ours, and a bunch of us went. It was a typical fair with a bunch of food, vendors, rides, and some animals. It was pretty cool. Ate some really good chicken on a stick and some delicious fries. Also I had cotton candy, typically. We had a great time, then I went home and got to meet my host family´s daughter, who is probably in her 30´s and her daughter, who is 9 - Qerima. She was soooooo sweet. I hope she comes around a lot because she was so cute and great to speak Spanish with! She would correct me and would help me find the words that I needed. So that was fun.

Also, I´ve had several people asking me about the bugs. Of course at night, when you turn the lights on, moths and little bugs come out. But there haven´t been many mosquitos, which has been great. I saw one cockroach in the latrine the other day. But I told me host mom and she went and sprayed. Apparently they come out a lot more during the rainy season, so I´m not looking forward to that. But otherwise, it´s been relatively bug-free! No bug bites (for me) to speak of yet!

Now I should probably get off of the computer.... haha

Chao!

1 comment:

  1. I finally got around to finding this and I just read through all of it.

    Sounds like a very different lifestyle but that you're finding all the sunny spots to bask in -- typical Savannah! I love this. You're a wonderful writer and it feels like I'm seeing through your eyes. I'm glad Panama is awesome, love!

    (Also, I'm really glad our plane letters made it to you! I'm sorry they made you sad but I hope they reminded you how many people love & care about you, too!)

    I'll send you an email soon. FB message me whatever email address you're using now.

    All my love,

    Tessa

    ReplyDelete