Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Friends, and a fellow PCV's blog post

This week has been going pretty well, which is nice after I had a little bit of a tough weekend. I've been working with two teachers in the primary school, and have been able to see some of the younger kids who are super loving. One class of kindergartners basically jumped on me when I was getting ready to leave, and I got to take a photo with them.

And today José, our tech trainer, came to Pesé to inspect my potential housing for after I live for there months with my host family. Then he asked me if I wanted to go with him to visit a few other volunteers! So we picked up Jessica and Miranda from near-by towns, then drove down into Los Santos to visit Harrison. It was really great to see him. He was the last volunteer I said goodbye to when we moved to our sites permanently, so seeing him again and getting to see his site was really great. Then went into Las Tablas and had dinner and just chatted. On the way home we stopped at a bakery too! So all-in-all it was a good day.

Lastly, and why I really wanted to write this blog post, is that I found another of my fellow PCV's blogs today, and really loved one of his posts about our swear in. It also includes the speech that he gave, which communicates a lot about our experiences here. It's pretty impactful, so I wanted to share it!

Here's the link:
http://thoseolpurpleshoes.blogspot.com/2012/03/from-trainee-to-volunteer-swear-in.html

Hope y'all are having a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment