Sunday, April 1, 2012

Here's a few photos! Descriptions to come later!

So here are finally some photos from the past few weeks. I'll post some more over the next few days, so I'm not sitting on the internet all night :)


The Catholic Church in Pesé


Parque in the center of town - next to the church


Factory of Varela Hermanos Seco


My favorite road in Panama - gorgeous trees, cows, and sugar cane fields


Posters for the reyna (queen) of the Sugar Cane Festival


 Liz - the little girl that lives next to me and is related to me somehow, I haven't quite figured it out yet, in her I <3 USA shirt!

A Diablo Rojo bus (though this one isn't crazily painted) they're old American school buses that have become the main form of public transportation in and around Panama City

Despedida! Farewell party in santa Rita - see that massive pot? It's full of arroz con pollo - and the yellow boxes are cakes

A Diablo Rojo showed up at our party that night, so we had some fun taking photos - this was an unintentional photo, but it turned out cool!

Me, Nate and Becca

Last photo with Reyna and César

Señor Quintin - Harrison's host dad - and his 6 month old grandson, sleeping in their hammock

For those of you who were curious - my latrine at my first host family's house

Not so bad!

My shower - plus a bucket in case the water didn't work


Where I washed my clothes - we only used the bright white, new washer when there was enough water pressure (I saw it used twice), the older machine on the right was more frequently used, but I also frequently washed my clothes in the cement sink in the middle. All of the tanks sitting around are full of water either for washing or bathing if the water went out.

Bye Santa Rita! Lindsey, Lauren, me and Ally - my dog, Golber, even showed up!

 
Lindsey in front of the Diablo Rojo that took us to the PC office from Santa Rita

No comments:

Post a Comment