Sunday, January 9, 2011

Every end is a new beginning

Hello all!

I am starting this blog in order for people to keep up with happenings in my life during the last semester of college, and into the abyss beyond. Hopefully this will lead me to community development and service work abroad for a few years. The title of this blog is a quote from Confucius that I love and hope to follow. And the title of this post is kind of what this last semester represents to me, and something I am trying to hold on to as graduation creeps closer.

Currently, I am on track to be a Peace Corps Volunteer!! If all goes well from here on out (meaning, I graduate and make it through all of the other health/background checks etc), I may be teaching English in a French-speaking African country and leaving in July! Yikes! While this is so exciting, it is kind of terrifying at the same time. But it is what I have wanted for a long time, so I'm trying to trust that God will work everything out and that I will end up where I should be.

As for now, I am living it up as a second-semester senior at Vanderbilt and trying to make the most of my last few days as a college student - where did the time go?... More updates will be posted as things happen, but for now, things may be a bit slow. However, I am going to try to include something funny, sweet, or interesting - just some little tidbit or link - in each post. For today, here is an inspirational story: http://vimeo.com/15991500

Sav

No comments:

Post a Comment