Thursday, February 17, 2011

Finding a peace about Peace Corps

So this week has brought a lot more peace and confidence in my decision to continue down this road for the Peace Corps. I really do feel like this is what I want to do, and that this is where God is leading me to make an impact. Especially when I get multiple messages from different sources (from friends to speakers to news reports) basically saying the same thing.

And on a happy note - I am finished going to all of the doctors! So as soon as I get some more tests and paperwork back, I will send everything in and will just have to wait on them to see if/when I get a formal invitation!

But life at school has also been wonderful lately. I can really feel myself clinging onto the people here who I love, especially those who I wish I am closer to. Lunch date after coffee date with classes wedged somewhere in between is about what my life is at the moment haha. Just one example: Monday night (Valentine's day) Amy and I were both returning from out of town, and Christine and Emily picked us up, and we had a suitemates outing at Urban Flats with wine, appetizers, and desert. It was so much fun just to get out of the Vanderbubble and relax with some great friends. Here's to many more nights like that until graduation (which is approaching too fast!).

Fun tidbit:
Live like a PCV (Peace Corps volunteer) Challenge!:
Follow this link to get info about how to imitate the life of a PCV in certain counties while still here in the US.

Have a wonderful weekend!
Sav

No comments:

Post a Comment