Thursday, February 24, 2011

Things I'm Thankful For

Today has been a wonderful day (aside from the somewhat frustrating econ test this morning) filled with friends, laughter and God :) Gotta love those days! Having lunch with some wonderful friends from my semester abroad and planning for our sunday soirée this weekend! First one we've had since we've been back from France (over a year ago...). A wonderful bible study and then a great chat with one of the girls who I've recently gotten to know. It really amazes me what you don't know about people, how similar your thoughts, fears, and dreams can be even when you are incredibly different people. Sharing these kinds of things always makes me happy. These past few days have also been fun with my suite-mates, just chatting late at night. I can definitely feel myself hanging on to every minute left here... it's coming to a close way too quickly.

A couple of other things to be thankful for in the life of a hopeful PCV:
- encouragement from friends and promises of many letters
- blogs that reveal the real-life day-to-day events and emotions of current PCV volunteers (good and bad)

So, off to do the rest of my homework...

Fun tidbit:
One of the many reasons I love Vanderbilt; inspiration everywhere!

Have a wonderful weekend!
Sav

No comments:

Post a Comment