Friday, February 4, 2011

Doctors, Here I come!

So since receiving my nomination, I have slowly scheduled doctor's appointments, and had my first few today. Though I did have to drive home for it, it is rather nice to have a few days off of school/class.

This path so far has been a bunch of ups and downs, with many more to come, I am sure. Some days I am excited about all of this, and other days I seem to be terrified - whether of the possible housing, dangers, distance from home & friends, spiders & bugs (yes... this is a serious concern of mine), or just of the thought of me in front of a classroom. But I also have moments like today, where I remember how much I enjoy giving back to people and trying to make a difference in someone's life. Hopefully I will continue to have more of the latter as I continue through this process.

In other news, my wonderful ladies of VUDU (Vanderbilt's Women's Ultimate Frisbee team) had an awesome time at the T-Town Throwdown tournament in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. We played wonderfully, even though we had some really tough games - physically and psychologically. And I think we can all feel the conditioning we've been doing, which is great! Thanks Coach Abby :) Also on the bright side, I got to stay with my Dad both nights in Birmingham, thereby spending time with him as well as getting a warm bath and my own comfy bed to spread out in haha (normally there are 3 girls to a bed in a hotel room on tournament trips, and while I love my fellow VUDU players, it's nice to be able to spread out).

That's about all for now. Being home also has it's ups and downs. Ups: baths (with bathbombs from Jen, DVR, running into people around town, lunch w Mom). Downs: struggling to find time with God, missing a lot of fun activities on campus (including a roommate's birthday).

But overall, things are going well! Progressing slowly, and trying to hold on to the less than 100 days left before graduation...

Fun song for the day.

Look at that. I finally figured out how to insert a link.

'Till next time!
Sav 

No comments:

Post a Comment